Equinox has over 24 years of experience and expertise in creating plans and specifications for a wide range of facility construction projects. We create detailed and comprehensive Construction Work Packages (CWPs) for all projects that include plans (PIDs, Plot Plans, GAs, Electrical Drawings, Isometrics, Etc.), specifications, permits and equipment data to name a few. The key CWPs that are created include Civil/earthworks, Mechanical (includes structural steel, equipment installation, BOP tie ins, Etc.), Electrical, Instrumentation/Controls/Automation. Exact number and content of any CWPs is customizable per client preferences and needs.
A key contributor to comprehensive CWPs is early engagement of in-house construction expertise in mechanical, structural, electrical and instrumentation/controls. By being part of the active design team, these construction team members provide key oversight throughout the design process and at the formal design meetings. This includes the engineering review of the free-issued equipment packages where the constructability team members will review the handling and interface points of these packages prior to the shop-construction to ensure early alignment.
Unique to Equinox, our constructability reviews focus on the electrical and instrumentation design in addition to the structural and mechanical that a mechanical constructor would provide.
Equinox effectively utilizes this strategy as it:
- Reduces RFIs and design changes in the field due to any constructability issues
- Reduces cost and delays associated with equipment package interfaces
- Reduces the time to start fabrication and construction with fully uploaded supervisors
In addition, to influence construction contractor productivity in a Brownfield Project Environment, Equinox has utilized the following strategies:
- Construction and Fabrication contractor early engagement
- We have looked at target price with penalty clause and reduced profitability after certain level of inefficiency
- Make contractor the prime for area and fence off from operations to remove opportunities for liability.